Dietitians NZ – Ngā Pukenga Kai Ora o Aotearoa, invites the submission of abstracts for the 2021 Conference to be held on the 8th & 9th September 2021, at the Christchurch Town Hall.
Our 2019 theme is: Te Anga Hou – Changing of the seasons, focuses on the changing healthcare landscape and the role dietitians may play in embracing and addressing the challenges and opportunities to meet the health needs of New Zealanders. Other streams include, but are not limited to:
- Mental Health
- Nutrition in Intensive care
- Public Health & Food Industry
- Diabetes & Health Technology
Dietitians NZ – Ngā Pukenga Kai Ora o Aotearoa encourages all recent graduates to submit their thesis Abstract for presentation at Conference. This is a great opportunity to share the wonderful mahi you have completed, and we will once again be running the competition for the best student presentation.
Submission of Abstracts
Please ensure your Abstract submission includes the following –
- Equity/ equitable health outcomes are considered.
- Typed in English with a 12-point Arial Font
- Maximum 250 words, excluding title, authors and institutions
- All abbreviations should be given in brackets after the first use of the word
- Title: The abstract should be in initial capital/lower case, not all capitals.
- Abstract text: Sub-headings may be included if required e.g. Introduction/Background, Aim (or Hypotheses), Method, Results, Conclusion/Discussion etc
- References: (optional) References can be included in the abstract or as a list following the abstract. Any references included in a reference list must be cited within the abstract text. Please follow Nutrition and Dietetics referencing style if including references. References included in the abstract text are included in the word count.
- No tables or figures are permitted
Please provide the following when submitting your abstract:
- Authors names
- Affiliation: All affiliations should contain institution, city and country.
- Corresponding author’s email
- Corresponding author’s contact phone number
All Abstracts will be reviewed by two Registered Dietitians using the British Dietetic Association’s Guidance for peer review of Abstracts.
Please submit the abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 18th June 2021